The Izuko Service App Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “T&C”) sets forth usage conditions for the Izuko application (hereinafter referred to as the “Application”) operated and provided by the Executive Committee for the Tourism-type MaaS Proof of Concept in Izu (hereinafter referred to as the “Committee”) within the Tourism-type MaaS Proof of Concept. The organizing office of the Committee has been entrusted to East Japan Marketing & Communications, Inc.
1. The T&C is applied to all relations between customers using the Application (hereinafter referred to as the “Users”) and the Committee.
2. The Committee shall be allowed to set forth usage conditions for the Application and various services and content provided on the Application (hereinafter referred to as the “Contents”) and precautions, etc. regarding usage in the Terms and Conditions for individual services (hereinafter referred to as “Terms and Conditions for Individual Services”). The Users will in addition to the T&C strictly adhere to the Terms and Conditions for Individual Services (hereinafter collectively referred to as “the T&C, etc.”). In the event that the contents of the T&C differ from the Terms and Conditions for Individual Services, the contents of the Terms and Conditions for Individual Services shall have priority.
3. The Users will be considered to have agreed to the T&C, etc. upon downloading the Application to a device or when using the Application.
(1) The Application: An information transmission service for smartphones provided by the Committee that allows for searches on a range of transport methods in the Izu area, the purchase and use of “digital free passes,” and “AI On-Demand Transportation” reservations.
(2) Izuko-Capable Device: A collective term for device models designated by the Committee as capable of using Izuko among those smartphones personally managed and utilized by the Users.
(3) Outside Service: Individual contents and services provided by third parties outside of the Committee in cooperation with Izuko.
(4) Outside Service Provider: Vendors providing Outside Services.
1. Users shall apply to the Committee for Izuko service through the Izuko application screen upon agreeing to the T&C. After the User makes an application the T&C is enacted from the time the Committee accepts the application.
2. Acceptance in the preceding Section shall be considered to be given by the Committee after said Users agree to the T&C and Izuko becomes usable.
3. The Committee may alter the T&C without the consent of Users, to which the Users shall offer no objections.
4. In accordance with the terms of the T&C, the Committee licenses Users the right to use Izuko on Izuko-Capable Devices only.
1. The Committee shall not provide Izuko in the event that some or all written items required for Users to voluntarily apply for Izuko are not filled, etc., and in the event that consent to the T&C is not given. Users consent to this in advance.
2. The Committee may cancel the consent given to a User even after consent has been given when the User corresponds to any of the following. Users consent to this in advance.
(1) In the event it has become clear that there has been a violation, etc. to the T&C, or that in the past Izuko or individual service usage qualifications have been revoked.
(2) In the event it has become clear that there are falsehoods, written errors, or omissions in an Izuko or individual service usage application.
(3) In the event it has become clear that a violation has been made to the Terms and Conditions of a service other than the individual services provided by the Committee.
(4) In the event Izuko is wrongfully used.
(5) In the event Izuko operation is obstructed.
(6) In other cases in which the Committee judges the User as inappropriate.
1. The Tourism-type MaaS Proof of Concept is a demonstration experiment the period of which is April 1-June 30 and September 1-November 30, 2019.
2. Izuko is a service in which Users download the Izuko application via a communication line to an Izuko-Capable Device. After installation the service becomes usable by carrying out the procedures designated by the Committee. Users can utilize Izuko contingent on adherence to the T&C.
3. Users can utilize Izuko contingent to adherence to the T&C.
4. Izuko can be utilized only by that individual User. In the event that it is utilized by a third party other than the User in question, the Committee will bear no liability to the User in question or the third party in question.
5. For the “Digital Free Pass,” agreement to the T&C shall be made when downloading Izuko. Services related to the “Digital Free Pass” (transport tickets, facility entry tickets, etc.) shall fall under the T&C.
6. In some instances individual services and Outside Services are provided by the Committee and third parties in cooperation with Izuko.
7. When Users utilize individual services or Outside Services, the contract for the use of the individual service or Outside Service will be enacted directly with the Committee or the Outside Service Provider separately from the Izuko usage contract. Contracts for the usage of individual services are subject to the Terms and Conditions for individual services. As contracts dealing with the usage of Outside Services are directly enacted between the Users and the Outside Service Providers, the Committee bears no liability whatsoever in regard to guaranteeing the operability or quality of Outside Services. In addition, the Committee bears no liability whatsoever even if the User suffers damages, etc. related to an Outside Service or its usage.
8. Cooperative features with Outside Services may be limited or become unusable without notification to Users as a result of decisions made by Outside Service Providers. The Committee bears no liability whatsoever for losses resulting from said limitations or cessation of usability.
(1) Operating an Izuko-Capable Device or focusing attention on the screen while driving a vehicle or walking is extremely dangerous, and carries a risk of violating the Road Traffic Act or other laws. For this reason, Users must stop at a safe location without fail before utilizing Izuko.
(2) Users must be aware that the information provided by Izuko is reference information, and is not necessarily the most suitable information. Users must at all times give precedence to actual walking route and road conditions, traffic signs and markings, and other traffic regulations and rules.
(3) Users must not utilize Izuko for guidance to fire stations, police stations, emergency medical facilities, etc.
1. Users can utilize Izuko free of charge. However, when utilizing functions within Izuko offered in cooperation with individual services or Outside Services, expenses incurred from utilizing services with account settlements shall be borne by the User in their entirety.
2. The net account settlement service is a service that allows account settlements utilizing account settlement methods recorded in advance by Users (meaning account settlement methods including credit cards, carrier account settlement, etc. designated by the Committee.) for usage fees, cancellation fees, etc. when using individual services and Outside Services.
3. When utilizing the net account settlement service on Izuko, Users will utilize the net account settlement service in adherence to the relevant regulations related to the utilization of the account settlement method or the contract contents, etc. related to the relevant account settlement method (hereinafter referred to as “Various Regulations Pertaining to Account Settlements, etc.”) set forth the those providing the relevant Users with an account settlement method to be utilized by the relevant Users through the net account settlement service (hereinafter referred to as the “Account Settlement Method Provider,” and includes credit card companies, communications vendors, account settlement service providing vendors, etc.).
4. In the event the User utilizing the net account settlement service bears an obligation make payment for individual service or Outside Service usage fees, etc., the User shall adhere to the directions of the Committee and the Outside Service Provider and make payment for the usage fees, etc. through the account settlement method personally recorded. Furthermore, sales processing related to the utilization of the credit account settlement service, the timing of invoicing Users for the equivalent amount of money, billing statements, deadlines, etc. shall adhere to the arrangements made between the Account Settlement Method Provider and the Committee or the Outside Service Provider, and to the various regulations pertaining to account settlements, etc.
5. Utilization of the net account settlement service is limited to Users who personally possess or are capable of utilizing payment methods (credit cards, etc.). Furthermore, even in the event of utilization by a third party, account settlement for usage fees, etc. through the net account settlement service shall be made by payment methods in the personal name of the User (the ordering party).
6. In the event that credit cards and other account settlement methods recorded by the User cannot be used to perform the account settlement of usage fees, etc., the User shall make payment using a method set forth by the Account Settlement Method Provider or Outside Service Provider.
7. By rule, returns are not accepted on digital free passes purchased through the Izuko net account settlement service.
(1) To provide Izuko.
(2) To manage and certify Izuko Users.
(3) To provide notifications on alterations, etc. to Izuko agreements, etc.
(4) In order to handle enquiries, etc. regarding Izuko.
(5) To send questionnaires regarding Izuko utilization.
1. In regard to information acquired through the utilization of Izuko (position information acquired through GPS and other means, destination and other related data, transportation method and transportation route information, etc.), Users consent to the relevant Acquired Information being temporarily stored in systems related to the provision of Izuko.
2. Users consent to the Acquired Information as set forth by the Committee in the preceding Section being personally utilized upon being processed into individually unidentifiable generalized statistical data.
1. By rule, the Committee will receive individual consent from the Users’ application screens when providing Users’ personal information to third parties for reasons outside of the usage purposes. However, in the event there is a request based in law or legal procedures, Users’ personal information may be provided to third parties without Users’ consent in instances in which it is authorized under Japan’s laws related to personal information protection. Examples include instances in which it is necessary to protect the lives, physical bodies, assets and other legal interests of Users, the Committee, or third parties, and instances in which a Japanese subcontractor is commissioned for the purpose of processing or analyzing information.
1. Users will take personal responsibility for the management of personal IDs, passwords and other PIN codes needed when utilizing Izuko, individual services or Outside Services (hereinafter referred to collectively as “IDs, etc.”). Users shall bear complete responsibility for all actions and results stemming from the utilization of IDs, etc. regardless of whether or not those actions were taken personally by the Users.
2. Users shall not be permitted to lend personal IDs, etc. to third parties nor allow their utilization by third parties. Even if by any chance a User’s IDs, etc. is used by a third party and that User or another party suffers damages, the Committee shall bear no responsibility whatsoever regardless of the reason.
3. Users shall not be permitted to utilize Izuko with other Users’ IDs, etc. If by any chance a User utilizes Izuko with another User’s IDs, etc., that User will immediately provide compensation for all resulting damages, and will bear the responsibility and burden of resolving all disputes that result.
1. When utilizing Izuko, Users shall not perform any of the actions set forth below.
(1) Acts that infringe or may infringe the copyrights, trademarks, other intellectual property rights, or other rights of the Committee or a third party.
(2) Acts that infringe or many infringe on the privacy of third parties.
(3) Allowing third parties to acquire location information as a result of permitting third party utilization of Izuko.
(4) Unauthorized access to Izuko, unlawful attacks on Izuko, and actions that may result in the same.
(5) Actions that render the provision of Izuko impossible, that obstruct the provision of Izuko or its operations, and actions that may result in the same.
(6) Actions that result in damages or are disadvantageous to the Committee or third parties, and actions that may result in the same.
(7) Criminal actions, actions connected to criminal actions, and actions that may result in the same.
(8) Intentionally utilizing any information acquired through the utilization of Izuko, as well as actions that make its utilization available by third parties regardless of method.
(9) Utilizing Izuko with any device other than an Izuko-Capable Device (including Izuko-Capable Devices that have been altered without authorization).
(10) Reverse compiling, reverse assembly or other reverse engineering of the Izuko application.
(11) Utilizing Izuko in combination with other applications or services (excluding individual services and Outside Services).
(12) Actions in violation of the T&C.
(13) Outside of the above, actions that are in violation of the law or run counter to public order and standards of decency, as well as actions that may result in the same.
2. Users cannot assign, transfer, or make available for collateral the contractual positions of Izuko or individual services to third parties in whole or in part.
1. The Committee shall be allowed to alter or discontinue individual services (including the cancellation of contracts related to ongoing individual services) without notifying Users.
2. The Committee shall be allowed to conclude Izuko’s cooperation with individual services without notifying Users.
1. The Committee shall be permitted to alter or conclude the provision of Izuko without notifying Users. In the event the provision of Izuko is concluded, the T&C will be concluded concurrently with the conclusion of Izuko provision.
2. Regardless of the stipulations of the preceding Section, Article 7 of the T&C will remain effective until the completion of payment of Izuko usage fees, cancellation fees, etc., as will Article 5 Sections 3, 5, and 6, Articles 8-15, Article 16 Section 2, this Article, Article 19, Articles 21-22, and Article 24.
1. The Committee may temporarily interrupt the provision of Izuko without notifying Users under the following circumstances.
(1) Regular or emergency Izuko system maintenance.
(2) In the event that the provision of Izuko becomes impossible due to fire, power outages, war, riots, civil disturbances, labor disputes, etc.
(3) In the event that the provision of Izuko becomes impossible due to natural disasters such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, flooding or tsunamis.
(4) In the event that communications services utilized by Izuko are discontinued or experience difficulties.
(5) When communication difficulties arise in the Izuko-Capable Device utilization environment or arise due to other circumstances.
(6) In other circumstances in which the Committee deems it necessary from an operational or technical standpoint to temporarily interrupt the provision of Izuko.
2. When issuing notifications on temporary Izuko interruptions or providing Users with notifications, the Committee will inform Users utilizing a method deemed appropriate by the Committee. However, this is not the case in emergencies and other unavoidable situations in which it is impossible provide notifications. The Committee will bear no responsibility whatsoever even if Users suffer damages through the measures of the preceding Section (including instances in which Izuko interruption or discontinuation results in Izuko becoming unusable).
1. The Committee provides no guarantees regarding the serviceability or accuracy of the utilization or service provision of Izuko, individual services or Outside Services. The Committee shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for damages incurred by Users or third parties resulting from its contents, delays, interruptions, etc.
2. In the event that a User causes damages to a third party as a result of utilizing Izuko, an individual service or an Outside Service, the User shall bear a personal responsibility and burden to resolve the issue, and shall not cause any inconvenience whatsoever to the Committee.
3. In the event that a User performs an action that violates the T&C or an agreement connected to an individual service or Outside Service, or performs a dishonest or illegal action that results in damage to the Committee, the Committee shall be permitted to demand damage compensation from the relevant User.
1. In the event the Committee alters or concludes the provision of Izuko, individual services, or cooperation with these and Outside Services based on Article 17 or Article 18 of the T&C, the Committee shall bear no obligations or responsibilities to Users whatsoever.
2. In the event a dispute arises between a User and an Outside Service Provider, the User and the relevant Outside Service Provider will resolve the issue between themselves. Users shall not issue any demands or lodge complaints to the Committee.
3. In the following circumstances Users will be unable to utilize Izuko, individual services and Outside Services in part or in full. Users consent to the Committee bearing no responsibility whatsoever for damages and losses suffered by Users and third party as a result of these, excepting instances in which the situation arose due to intent or gross negligence by the Committee.
(1) In the event there are errors in the information submitted by the User.
(2) In the event that the Izuko-Capable Device or other peripheral equipment, etc. is not installed or connected properly, when there is a failure, breakage or other trouble resulting in improper operation, and in instances in which there is an incompatibility in the combination of these. Additionally, when there is a function setting that results in an impediment to the utilization of Izuko, an individual service or an Outside Service.
(3) In the event of a lack of adherence to the information written in the instruction manual, etc. for the Izuko-Capable Device or other peripheral equipment.
(4) In the event the battery of the Izuko-Capable Device has run out of power, and other instances in which power is not being properly supplied to the Device or other peripheral equipment, etc.
(5) In the event the Izuko-Capable Device or other peripheral equipment, etc. is not powered on.
4. There are instances in which the various features that can be utilized by Users differ due to the Izuko-Capable Device, Izuko application, or the presence of OS version updates in the Izuko-Capable Device. The Committee does not guarantee Users will be capable of utilizing all Izuko functions.
(1) The committee may cancel the contract without giving notice if the user is found to belong to an anti-social force.
(2) If the Committee cancels the contract of use in accordance with the provisions of the previous item, the committee is not liable for any damages caused by the participants and the user is liable for any damages caused to the Committee.
(1)The PoC is operated by the Committee.
(2)Vehicles operated within the PoC will be commissioned to Operational Providers set forth by the Committee.
(3)Participants in the PoC shall be those Participants who have concluded a Usage Contract.
(1) Participants will enter the information needed for reservations (boarding location, disembarking location, number of passengers) using the dedicated reservation application set forth by the Committee.
(2) Based on the entered information, Participants are notified of the planned boarding time and location, and the planned disembarking location arrival time. In this manner the reservation is confirmed, and the Participants can ride in the vehicle.
(3) Please go to the boarding location by the planned boarding time.
(4) When boarding, please tell the driver your name and the number of people riding.
(1) Speaking to the driver while driving without good reason.
(2) Throwing items outside the vehicle without good reason.
(3) Touching machinery or equipment needed for the operation of the automobile.
(4) Opening and shutting the passenger doors while the vehicle is in motion.
(5) Jumping into or out of the automobile while it is in motion.
(6) Going against the checks or instructions of the driver.
(7) Selling items, collecting donations, distributing or displaying pamphlets or other advertising, photographing for advertisements, or performing similar actions in the car or around the boarding and disembarking areas.
(8) Using flame or carrying on dangerous items.
(9) Conducting political or religious activities or performing acts that run counter to public order and standards of decency.
(10) Smoking, dumping garbage, or performing actions that create load noises, vibrations or unpleasant odors.
(11) Writing graffiti, damaging or breaking property, and other acts of defacement.
(12) Actions that put oneself or others in danger, including violent and reckless actions.
(13) Carrying on pets or other animals.
(14) Using speech or taking actions that cause a nuisance to third parties.
(15) Boarding the vehicle with an infectious disease or the possibility of an infectious disease.
(16) Performing actions that infringe on the Road Traffic Act or other related laws.
(1) When vehicle breakage, system difficulties, bad weather or other unavoidable reasons affect the PoC, driving operations may be halted, the vehicle may be changed, or other measures may be taken.
(2) Please use this service with an understanding that it is still the proof of concept stage, and not a complete service.
(3) Due to capacity considerations the service may not be usable during the desired times. Arrival at the destination may be later than the planned arrival time due to road conditions or other issues.
(4) Passengers cannot exceed the number reserved. Passengers cannot board or disembark at locations other than those in the reservation. Once a destination has been reserved, it cannot be altered.
(5) Passengers shall be allowed to occupy one seat per person.
(6) As vehicles used in the PoC have a grade difference at the platform, only passengers capable of boarding, disembarking and moving by themselves are allowed to ride. However, this does not apply when riding with a helper. We refrain from offering help from the driver as in some cases the taxi company will lack helper qualifications.
(7) The law requires passengers fasten their seatbelts when riding. Please buckle up. When disembarking from the vehicle, please wait until the vehicle is stopped before standing up from your seat. Please wait until the driver has opened the door when boarding or disembarking.
(8) Neither the Committee nor Operational Providers bear responsibility for compensating for losses and damages to baggage and personal items. However, this does not apply exclusively in instances in which there is negligence on the part of the Committee or the Operational Provider.
(9) Lost articles are by law managed and stored by the Operational Provider for a number of days. If no contact is received from the party that lost the article it will be handed over to the police department.
(10) Drive recorders are installed in PoC vehicles. When deemed necessary by the Committee, recordings from inside the vehicle may be used. Recordings will be disposed of following the conclusion of the PoC.
(11) Smartphones needed to utilize the PoC shall be procured by the Participants themselves. Participants shall be responsible for necessary communications expenses for browsing the web and receiving e-mails associated with using the reservation system.
(12) Neither the Committee nor the Operational Providers shall be responsible for any damages suffered as a result of any of the preceding, and Participants cannot lodge any objections to this.
(1) When one of the Terms and Conditions has been violated.
(2) When there is a falsehood in the information submitted to the Committee.
(3) When the Committee otherwise deems the individual to be unsuitable as a User, or an impediment to the implementation of the PoC.
(1) Instances in which neither the Committee nor the Operational Provider were negligent in their cautious operation of the vehicle.
(2) Instances in which there was intent or negligence on the part of the Participants or a third party.
(3) Instances in which it can be proven that there were no defects in the structure of the vehicle or difficulties in its functionality.
(1) To make contact and confirmations regarding consultation dates, contents, etc. when Participants utilize the PoC.
(2) To mail necessary documentation and questionnaires requested by Participants when utilizing the PoC.
(3) Personal information will be statistically processed so that individuals are unidentifiable and published as statistical information.
Executive Committee for the Tourism-type MaaS Proof of Concept in Izu
JR Ebisu Building 9F, 1-5-5 Ebisuminami, Shibuya Ward, Tokyo 150-8508 (Inside East Japan Marketing & Communications, Inc.)
・Izuko East Pass Adult : 3,700円（Child: 1,850円）
Required Amount Other than the Product Price
Communications fees, etc. associated with smartphone usage Transportation costs up to digital free pass usage
Payment by Credit Card
The withdrawal dates of the respective card companies.
The withdrawal dates of the respective card companies.
Smartphones installed with iOS or android (the latest version in either case).
Cancellations, Returns and Exchanges of Ordered Products, etc.